Ο τοπικός πολιτισμός της περιοχής των Τζουμέρκων
Υπόμνημα:

The Holy Monastery of Panagia Vella

The Monastery was founded in the late 12th century but more specifically in 1281. It is dedicated to the Nativity of the Virgin Mary and is a superb example of Byzantine art. This cross-shaped church doesn’t have a dome but its ceiling ends with a three-sided apse. The sanctuary is made of plaster cast and the Church’s paintings date back to 1295 and 1296. In addition, the depiction of Mary holding the Child, the large arched windows and the narthex’s Byzantine-style carved door cause admiration and emotion thanks to the excellent technique and craftiness of the artisans who worked on these. It is also known as Red Church due to the red-colored bricks in the monument’s external walls. The Monastery’s feast days are celebrated on the 7th and 8th of September.