Ο τοπικός πολιτισμός της περιοχής των Τζουμέρκων
Υπόμνημα:

W9: Arapis Fountain, Saint Paraskevi Holy Church and the Complex of Craft Structures in Pramanta

Pramanta is a lively settlement with about 1500 inhabitants which is a significant number in comparison to the surrounding settlements. Built on an altitude of 840 meters at the foot of Strogoula peak, it borders the adjacent settlements of Christoi and Tsopela. Once we’ve reached the settlement’s central square the shade of an old maple tree and the presence of an old historic fountain called “Arapis” stand out. We encounter once again the Protector of the Waters, Saint Paraskevi, whose grace is honored by a Holy Church that dates back to the 16th century and is located in the central square. In the settlement, we come across two wells, those of George Pappas and Vassilis Margaris. While we explore the local architecture these older homes are worth looking at: the Vourloka Home, the Giannikosta Home, the Stamos Home, the Karakosta Home, the Tsirka Home and the Tsikou Home.

The interesting thing about the cultural route to Pramanta is the complex of craft structures built especially for water use as well as the local people’s devotion to Saint Paraskevi. This Saint is also encountered in the Melissourgoi settlement. The Monastery of Saint Paraskevi is, more specifically, located between the two settlements. The feast day of Saint Paraskevi is celebrated annually on July 26th in Pramanta and a traditional festival takes place over three or four days. On the afternoon of July 27th a performance of a custom dance known as “kagkelari” takes place in the central square.
The Melissourgoi is a lovely little settlement which is worth a visit and on route once you pass the Monastery of Saint Paraskevi. Stone houses and fountains with running water are especially popular but the Agkathi source is the settlement’s trademark. Water is bottled from this very source which is a nationwide and well-known brand. The central square is shaded by large maple trees and right next to it one encounters the Church of Saint Nicholas (1778).

Prior to continuing on from Pramanta we can visit a 270 meter cave called “Anemotrypa” as well as its lakes, stalagmites and stalactites. This is a wonderful natural phenomenon that was discovered in 1960.