Ο τοπικός πολιτισμός της περιοχής των Τζουμέρκων
Υπόμνημα:

W12: Watermills, Water Basins and Fulling Mills in Katarakti

Part of the settlement’s charm is its actual name inspired from some great strength waterfalls with a maximum drop height of 90 meters located on the site of Siopoto which is slightly above the settlement. The waterfalls’ rushing sounds fill the air. The settlement is built on an altitude of 800 meters. Our attention here focuses on the Monastery of Saint Catherine and the Dormition of the Theotokos Holy Church. Both Churches own watermills, water basins and fulling mills. The Monastery of Saint Catherine was founded in 1730 and was rebuilt from scratch in 1827. The main Church is covered in stone and is a three-aisled vaulted basilica-type Church without a dome but with an integrated bell tower. The wooden sanctuary stands apart as does the icon of Saint Catherine which is covered with a silver casing that dates back to 1820. This is a wonderful piece of art by the silver craftsmen of Kalarrytes. Georgios Koutsonikas was a benefactor from this settlement and in 1924 he provided the funds to build an aqueduct as well as a four tap fountain in the central square which were  significant projects for the area. To honor him the residents created a sculpture of him on the Church’s grounds.