Ο τοπικός πολιτισμός της περιοχής των Τζουμέρκων
Υπόμνημα:

The Bridge of Tsimovo

Only a few ruins remain today from the old bridge which is located below the Charokopi settlement on the site of Tsimovo. Until 1930 a simple wooden bridge gave residents the opportunity to cross the river. Thereafter, under the supervision of German engineer Waykman, a hanging metal bridge was built that allowed mobility among people and their livestock. Prior to this the water level prevented the animals from crossing to the opposite side. The bridge was subsequently blown up by the Germans in 1945 upon their withdrawal from the area. In the same spot the locals built a temporary structure using thick metal wires tied on both ends and joined together with heavy irons shaped as inverted Πs. The bridge’s deck was supported by three metal wires and a few tree logs. In 1974 the army settled here. An iron bridge was built and until today is used by bystanders.