Ο τοπικός πολιτισμός της περιοχής των Τζουμέρκων
Υπόμνημα:

The Bridge of Politsa

g_gefyr1

This bridge connects the banks of the raging Arachthos River, uniting the Katsanochoria with the Region of Tzoumerka. We’re not exactly sure about who undertook the project or when its construction took place. However we do know that the bridge was restored in 1874 under the supervision of Ioannis Loulis. This is a one arched bridge with two hollow arches, one on every side. The width of the larger arch is 23.50 meters and its height stands at 13.70 meters. Its reconstruction was extremely important because prior to this, if even possible to imagine, the residents of Ampelochori would tie a basket to a rope in order to transport food to the opposite bank. In 1932 under the supervision of Nikos Mantziou, a resident of the Raftanaioi settlement, the bridge was renovated in order to make it more secure and robust.