Ο τοπικός πολιτισμός της περιοχής των Τζουμέρκων
Υπόμνημα:

The Church of Saint George in Syrrako

According to Krystallis “The Churches within Syrrako are those of the Virgin Mary and Saint Nicholas. Then there is the Monastery of the Prophet Elias and the Monastery of Saint Paraskevi which is located in Paliochori just outside the settlement. In addition there is the Church of Saint George in Bouliana and the Church of the Apostles which is located between the peaks of Priza and Friggorasa above Syrrako.” The chapel of Saint George is symbolic in that it represents the point of departure and arrival of emigrants. In 1882 Krystallis states: “The Chapel of St. George was built two centuries ago by the people of Syrrako and Kalarrytes as a shrine to travelers. They considered Saint George as the Army’s Protector.” Leake and Pouqueville’s narratives give a detailed description of the site’s layout: “The Church consisted of walls and columns. Inside the Church there were hollow arches, cisterns and an oven. People were able to lie and rest in these hollow arches. The cistern supplied people and animals with water and the oven would bake food.