Ο τοπικός πολιτισμός της περιοχής των Τζουμέρκων
Υπόμνημα:

The Monastery of the Virgin Mary in Melissourgous

From the preserved inscriptions it seems that the monastery was built in 1745 under the leadership of Archbishop Gregorios of Ioannina. The founder of the monastery was monk Iakovos from the Gkompla family originally from the Melissourgous community. The Monastery’s brotherhood was financed from income earned on the cultivation of maize, legumes walnuts and chestnuts. Additional incomes came from the vines in the Zileousi region. The monks also maintained a flock of wild goats and beehives and were supplied with the necessary quantities of oil from the villages of Lakka Souliou. After the independence the Monastery’s income saw an increase with the transfer of property from the Holy Monastery of Vyliza in Matsouki and the Monastery of Rouvelistis which took place in 1910.